Sunday, February 9, 2014

C4T #1

Comments for Teachers #1

The first blog post I commented on by Brendan Ryan was from December 15, 2013. It was a post in which he reflected back on his previous year and what he had learned as a teacher. He also looked forward to what his future might hold for him and for education as a whole. I commented by introducing myself and telling him a little about me. I then commented on something particular that he said. He talks about how he used to focus only on the tools and not the teaching. But he said that he realized “tools are fine, but good teaching and learning environments are key.” I told him that this really stood out to me because of what we were learning in EDM 310. The tools are out there and can be used by anyone, but they must be taught how to use those tools to decipher what information is reliable and trustworthy.

Brendan had not written a new blog post so I commented on his previous one. He describes how he was interested to see if other PE teachers engaged in marking and feedback, and if so, what type of material were they marking. He created a survey that he posted online for his peers to complete. While he did not get as much feedback as he expected, he did get some. I commented first by saying what a great idea the survey was and commended him for having the initiative to create it and post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment