Friday, January 31, 2014

Blog Post 3

How Can I Provide Meaningful Feedback to My Peers?

All three of the links provided were very helpful in better understanding the process of peer editing. While I have done some of this in the past, I never received any formal education in the process of peer editing. The first video, “What is Peer Editing,” was a Prezi that was a very helpful and simple way to explain what a peer evaluation is and a three-step way to go about them. The slideshow titled, “Peer Edit with Perfection Tutorial,” was also very helpful in that it outlined everything presented in the previous video as well as elaborate upon the three steps: Complimenting, Suggesting, and Correcting. The final link was a video named, “Writing Peer Review Top 10 Mistakes.” It is a humorous, elementary school take on the practices to avoid when peer editing. While it was performed by young children, it still contained relevant material that can be applied to my own peer editing.

The main things that I learned from these various links are: to stay positive with my comments at all times, to concentrate and pay attention when editing, to be specific as I can and avoid generalizations. Something that really stood out to me is the need to be receptive to the criticism that is given to me. It can be one of the best tools for improving my work so I need to keep an open mind when reading the critiques of my own work because one of my peers may catch something that I missed or they may have way to improve my blog post as well. The last video was pretty funny, but it brought up situations that apply to us all. All three links were very simple and easy to follow, but full of valuable information at the same time.

Uncle Sam asking for feedback

2 comments:

  1. I read and I like how you setting your post that you are introduce and summary information of all three links in the first paragraph. I agree with you that as the teachers, we need to stay positive with our comments, concentrate when editing. Moreover, I think you should add some more details and example to show how can we provide meaningful feedback to the peer editing to make readers understand and learn useful information from your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice image! You did a Title tag but there should be something other than unknown there. I googled "Feedback" and found this image, along with a source. Last known source is acceptable.

    "I never really had any education in the process and the how to go about doing them." The last part of this sentence is hard for me to read. I understand what you are trying to say, but the word choice could be better.

    ReplyDelete