Thursday, January 16, 2014

Practice Post

About Me

My name is Mitchell Lane and I was born in Columbus, Georgia where I lived for eighteen years. After graduating from high school I attended the University of Georgia in Athens where I played football for a year until I injured my hip. A year and a half later I had reconstructive hip surgery at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. Once I had recovered I moved to Auburn, Alabama where I worked at a SCUBA shop and also helped teach SCUBA lessons through the Auburn University for the next four years. I soon decided to continue pursuing my education after this and applied to South Alabama. I moved to Mobile in December of 2012 and began at South the following spring. I picked South because I liked the idea of living so close to the water and because I eventually want to coach as well as teach and there is an abundance of high schools in the area. My time as a community football coach at my high school and as an assistant SCUBA instructor really opened my eyes to how much I enjoyed teaching and coaching and watching students and athletes take in the knowledge I was giving to them and to eventually be able to perform those skills on their own.

I enjoy SCUBA diving as well as spearfishing, hunting, and fishing. I love college football and basketball, as well as professional baseball, particularly the Atlanta Braves. I have been to Cozumel, Belize, and the Bahamas, to SCUBA dive. I could not survive without seafood which was another reason why I like it so much down here. I also enjoy history, which is what I plan to teach, and yet another reason why Mobile is so appealing to me because it is so rich in history.

Cozumel Cliff

No comments:

Post a Comment