Sunday, April 6, 2014

C4T #3

Steve Wheeler

3/16/14

The first blog post of Mr. Wheeler’s that I commented on was from March 16, 2014 and the title was Taking up Residence. This post was particularly interesting because he was discussing Marc Prensky’s Natives and Immigrants. He was comparing this view of technology to another one held by David White of Oxford University. White refers to these same people as Digital Residents and Visitors. This theory is much easier for me to relate to and to understand. I commented about this and received a response from Mr. Wheeler.

Digital Visitor or Resident
4/6/14

The most recent post that I commented on was about a recent keynote speech that Mr. Wheeler gave in Barcelona, Spain. One of his key points was that future education would be “both richly social and intensely personal.” What he means is that technology allows us to connect with people all over the world and at the same time it allows us to personalize things to fit our needs and tasks at hand. I told Mr. Wheeler that I could not agree more and that I hope this happens sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment